Alcyon Photonics team is growing. We are looking for a Software Architect. The candidate will plan and develop the company’s software infrastructure, as well as to participate in R&D projects in the field of integrated photonics for Telecom, Datacom and Sensor.
- Lead the plan and development of Alcyon’’s software infrastructure, to support the development of a comms, computing and sensor applications.
- Engage with the team on the definition of the tools and processes that will support Alcyon’s roadmap
- Champion innovation on processes and product delivery.
- Create efficient internal process flows to support the creation and management of photonic designs and technical data, i.e. a photonic design framework where proprietary tools, design CADs, databases and commercial tools converge
- Collaborate with the team to made available tools along with technical documentation to end customers
- Project: Collaborate in the planning of R&D proposals and customer pilots
- Team: Collaborate with technical and sales team, depending on seniority and project
- Interfacing: Customer | Software Providers
- +5 years work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- DevOps methodology for incremental development and rapid delivery of software.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools and full software development life cycle.
- Experience on software development in python, java, C++.
- Python proficiency is key, as main language to our developments
- Ability to develop interactive data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of databases (NoSQL and SQL).
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Experience on Machine Learning and optimization algorithms, as well as previous participation in R&D projects will be very valuable.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Professional English proficient
- Skilled project management tools experience
- Relationship builder and data-driven
- Team ethos, problem solver and effective communicator
- Willing to travel
- Product-oriented work model
- Remote / hybrid (downtown Madrid based)
- Permanent contract
- Professional development opportunities
- International R&D Projects involvement
- Impact project that connects research and industry in a high growing sector
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other criteria…
Send a resume and a cover letter describing your skills and relevant projects you have participated in, as well as your role. email@example.com
Alcyon Photonics aims to to accelerate the transition from electronics to photonics by translating unique scientific knowledge into commercial technology. Alcyon brings down the barriers that hampers massive photonics adoptiob, from its unique design of photonics circuits to its platform strategy.
Alcyon Photonics’ library of photonics designs brings comprehensive support to the design of photonics application requiring increased capacity for data transmission and minimal information loss in the fields of communication, sensoring or data comm, among others. Alcyon Photonics partners with customers to provide wide bandwidth and polarization management to photonics solutions such as transceivers, OCT or FBG interrogators.
Alcyon Photonics project has been granted the the EIC Accelerator by the European Commission to develop and scaleup its game-changing innovations.