Alcyon Photonics team is growing. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager. The candidate will work as an interface between our customers and R&D team on defining the roadmap and leading the pilots’ projects in the field of integrated photonic.
- Identify the key technology and solution demands to define our PICs and BB portfolio roadmap
- Translate customer needs into key requirements and solutions that can be offered / developed by our R&D team
- Assess feasibility of new ideas and applications.
- Manage the technical conversation with customers to understand current and future needs
- Support the commercial team, to define the mix between product strategy and customer pipeline for industries like datacom, infrastructure or biomedical
- Support customers on their idea prototyping and pilots
- Develop competitive analysis and benchmarking of products versus competitors and customers
- Project: Collaborate in the planning of R&D proposals and customer pilots
- Team: Collaborate with technical and sales team, depending on seniority and project
- Interfacing: Customer | Foundry | Software | Academia
- 5+ years of professional experience in the semiconductor / sensors / telecom industry in combined technical, product and/or commercial positions. Resulting in
- Strong understanding of the semiconductor and integrated photonics industries
- Sound knowledge of application needs for datacom and/or sensor markets
- Used to translating business requirements into technology
- Proficient at managing the customer conversation, building customer propositions from portfolio and roadmap technology
- Experience in at least 2 of the following application fields: Data communications, Telecommunications, Free Space Optics, Environmental sensors, Bio sensors, Quantum, FBG sensors, OCT sensors
- Master / PhD education on Photonics or Electronics
- Professional English proficient
- Skilled project management tools experience
- Relationship builder and data-driven
- Team ethos, problem solver and effective communicator
- Willing to travel
- Product-oriented work model
- Remote / hybrid (downtown Madrid based)
- Permanent contract
- Professional development opportunities
- International R&D Projects involvement
- Scientific curriculum builders: publications, PhD students mentoring, …
- Impact project that connects research and industry in a high growing sector
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other criteria…
Send a resume and a cover letter describing your skills and relevant projects you have participated in, as well as your role. email@example.com
Alcyon Photonics aims to to accelerate the transition from electronics to photonics by translating unique scientific knowledge into commercial technology. Alcyon brings down the barriers that hampers massive photonics adoptiob, from its unique design of photonics circuits to its platform strategy.
Alcyon Photonics’ library of photonics designs brings comprehensive support to the design of photonics application requiring increased capacity for data transmission and minimal information loss in the fields of communication, sensoring or data comm, among others. Alcyon Photonics partners with customers to provide wide bandwidth and polarization management to photonics solutions such as transceivers, OCT or FBG interrogators.
Alcyon Photonics project has been granted the the EIC Accelerator by the European Commission to develop and scaleup its game-changing innovations.